HEY FRIENDS! This is Wendy Aspinall and I'm the guest artist this week for Art Foamies. I found fun quotation “Don’t breathe air, breathe life.” Fish don’t breathe air, but are full of life so I wanted to incorporate two things together. I also love Red tin roofs sardine stamps. They are really fun and quirky. So please, enjoy my Plaque project and I hope you’ll try this yourselves.
STEP BY STEP
- Roll out paper clay and using the backside of the ArtFoamie as a template cut out four fish. Don’t worry if the edges are rough. I sanded them when dry
- Press into the clay with the ArtFoamie, using the side with the details.
- Let dry on sheet of paper towel. This may take a few days. Turn over half way though so the fish stay straight.
- When completely dry, sand off any rough edges until smooth. Be careful -- the fish are fragile.
- Add a coat of white gesso. Let dry.
- Paint each fish a different color, but add touches of the other colors to highlight the texture.
- Add the brown and then copper. Paint in eyes with white and black acrylic. Let dry.
- Paint the edge of the wood plaque in the same brown acrylic paint. Distressed the edges with the sandpaper.
- Cut scrapbook paper to cover the back and front of the plaque. Glue in place.
- Drill two holes for wire hanger.
- Glue on the fish and quote.
Hope you enjoyed my project today! See you again soon!