"Flowers are like Friends” Fridge Magnet Shrine by Wendy Aspinall
HEY FRIENDS! Wendy Aspinall here and I'm back again as this week's guest artist for ArtFoamies.
Flowers are like friends, They bring color into our lives. I wanted to make a reminder of that with a pretty shrine filled with a dimensional bouquet of flowers that I could put on my fridge to see every day. I hope you will enjoy seeing my friendship shrine and maybe create one yourselves to celebrate your friendships.
- Lid of a paper Mache box
- Kae Pea | Scribble Rose | Foam Stamp
- Kae Pea | Scribble Florals Set | Foam Stamps
- Watercolor paper cold pressed 140 lbs
- Watercolor paints
- Watercolor pens
- White gesso
- Small magnets
- Dresden trim
- Ink pad in grey or brown
- Foam tape
STEP BY STEP
- Paint the lid of the paper Mache box with white gesso. Both inside and out. This is going to the base of the shrine. Let dry.
- Paint stripes on the side of the shrine with blue watercolor.
- Cut and paste scrapbook paper to cover the back of the shrine.
- Using the lid as template, cut a piece of the watercolor paper to fit inside the lid as the background. Stamp a vase and flower bouquet on the paper and color. Add foam tape to the back.
- Stamp additional flowers, leaves, and vases (three vases and at least two of each flower) on another sheet of watercolor paper. Paint and fussy cut.
- Add foam tape to the back of all the pieces.
- Arrange and layer the additional flowers and leaves to the background image to give dimension.
- Add the completed background to the inside of the shrine.
- Add quote.
- Paste Dresden trim to the lip of the shrine.
- Lastly add magnets to the back of the shrine.
Hope you enjoyed my project today! See you again soon!